Sunday, May 18, 2008

Great Creative Weekend

Wow! I am exhausted after taking 2 workshops this weekend. One with Ted Head at Reddi-Arts where I learned that the old ruling pen I mastered in the 70's is the perfect tool for applying frisket for painting whiskers, feathers, fins and hair. Sure am glad that I held onto it all these years. I think I paid about $7 for it. They now sell for close to $25! Any way, it was a great workshop and I can now add some more tricks to my bag. The other workshop was at the Art Center Cooperative. Joyce Gabiou showed us the process of layering. I was pretty happy with the 2 little pieces I completed. I will definitely be putting all that I learned to work. What I learned made a lot of new things and ideas click in my head. Can't wait to get into my studio and put them to practice.

No comments: